Local Cryotherapy Treatments
Local Cryotherapy is used to reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling in specific areas of your body. This localized treatment stimulates cold receptors at a specific site to trigger a strong internal systemic anti-inflammatory response. Whole body cryotherapy treatments are excellent at relieving general inflammation, however muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin and other areas of the body of the body may require more attention than the others due to acute pain or inflammation. With temperatures as low as -240 degrees Fahrenheit, a local area treatment generally takes about 5-10 minutes.
Beneficial effect of Local Cryotherapy frequently applied in:
- Muscle injuries -detachment of muscles, extension of muscles, excessive elongation and rupture of muscle fibers, painful muscular contraction
- Tendon injuries -detachment, distortion, extension of tendons, tendinosis.
- Overloading syndromes: inflammation of tendon and muscle, Achilles tendon, tennis player elbow and golf player elbow, rotation cuff, frozen shoulder, knee, syndrome of muscles of back thigh and lumbar muscles inflammation of plantar aponeurosis)
Benefits of Local Cryotherapy:
- Reduction of pain
- Increase in muscle strength
- Increase in performance
- Reduction inflammation
- Improvement of joint function
- Decrease in muscle tension over longer application
- Overall faster return to training and competition
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.